With cloud services, small businesses reap the benefits of not having to deploy physical infrastructure like file and e-mail servers, storage systems or shrink-wrapped software. Plus, the “anywhere, anytime” availability of these solutions, means hassle-free collaboration among business partners and employees using the ubiquitous browser.
In fact, it’s not a stretch to say that aside from a locally installed desktop operating system and browser (or increasingly, from a single mobile device) a lot of today’s small business technology needs can be fulfilled almost completely with cloud-based offerings.
Subscribing to software delivered over the web enables your business to take advantage of enterprise-class software without the burden or cost of managing the technology yourself. There are many benefits to cloud computing, including:
- Cost savings: renting software ‘in the cloud’ on a ‘pay-as-you-go’ basis eases cash flow.
- Lower IT support costs: you always have the latest versions of software without the need for IT support.
- Mass storage: renting storage is cheaper than buying extra disk space for your PCs.
- Reduced risk: data security is your hosting company’s problem instead of yours.
- Access anywhere: get your documents over the web from home or just about anywhere else.